I haven't blogged in forever because lately every time I think about blogging it's when I need to vent and I just don't want to electronically puke on everyone. Right now is one of those times....but I will blog my thoughts and not others actions because it's the right thing to do.
Disclaimer: I am real. I will not write fluff when I don't feel it and this is how I really feel about life. I am not plastic. So pull up a chair and read or not...but here comes some ADD rambling....
We are looking for a new church. This is one of the hardest things that I have went through as a Christian. First, have you heard really stopped and looked at how many churches there are. Last I checked there was only one God. And yet people have branched off so many different times over the most trivial differences and now we have all of these different churches all on the same street. We visited the WORST church. They were very friendly but very small and very old. Oh, and they didn't have a children's ministry. Yeah, we made it through the first 2 verrrrry slow songs and then made a break for it. We are visiting a church right now that we really like but it's hard to know if it will be our new home. At least, I know that we are moving in the right direction and there is somewhere for us.
Landon was diagnosed about 3 weeks ago with Sensory Integration Disorder. I wish I could describe this to you adequately but I am still learning what it is myself. I ordered a really good book from what I hear and I got it in the mail today and can't wait to read it. We have been having problems with Landon for awhile. He just gets out of control and can't handle change. He starts therapy this Friday and he really like his therapist. Her name is Jenny and Landon took to her immediately which is a huge step for him. I am ready to learn how to help him. I feel like the last month he has been getting progressively worse. It's exhausting.
Elisha is doing great in school. She is learning how to read and loves school. She is in an afternoon club called Read Right Run and she loves it. She is also in Firecrackers which is the Kindergarten version of the "gifted" program. I am so proud of her. Now I feel like I vented about Landon and praised Elisha but trust me other times it's the exact opposite. They take turns and this month it's his turn.
Chris is working at a job right now that he hates and he is miserable. He has horrible hours and horrible pay. We have been on this rollercoaster for WAAAYYYY too long now. I am just ready to have him in a stable job that he likes. I can't take the stress for too much longer on this one. He works evenings and weeks so we don't see him much.
Where do I even begin to start with on myself. Geezo I should just start a new post right now. Ok here it goes.
Surgery. I had surgery a little over a month ago. My cycle has been messed up since I had Landon and it was getting worse. I went to the doctor about two months ago to look at options and in the process of that they found cysts that could be causing some of my pain and put me on a pill that caused me to grow another cyst. I ended up having my ovary removed because of two sizable cysts. I am now recovered from that and feeling better. Although, my hormones are so far out of whack that I sometimes lose my mind before I even realize what is happening. This should balance soon though. It needs to.
School. I am going to go to college to get my bachelor's degree. I start on January 10th. I am nervous and scared and freaked out and pretty much all of that. I don't know when I am going to find the time but I need to do it so we will see how it goes.
Work. I have had so many changes at work lately that I don't even know what is going on. I haven't traveled in forever because of all my medical stuff but this week I travel again so we will see how that goes. :)
I am going to stop now because if I don't I will end of violating privacy of the people around me and I don't want to do that. But point being, I am either on the edge of something amazing or on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I just wish I knew which one was coming.................
Just wanted to let you know that I was here and I support you 500% and this was very well written..and I think it is "something amazing" not a breakdown. ;)
ReplyDelete"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11
ReplyDelete'nuff said :-)