So I am at a barbecue at my Aunt Vickie's house for the 4th of July. Aunt Theresa comes in cracking up laughing (almost peeing her pants) and tells me that Elisha just told them a very interesting story. Elisha is storyteller so I sit down knowing that this will be good.
Elisha announced to a group of people that "Mommy and daddy were cleaning their room today. It took a really long time and we had to leave them alone. They shut the door so we would leave them alone and we had to watch a movie so that they could get it done." If you have already realized why my family was laughing feel free to chuckle if not keep reading - it gets better. Lindsay asks Elisha, "How often to Mommy and Daddy 'clean their room'. Elisha says, "Not often" My family is known for running with innuendos and had a lovely time with this story. Several comments were exchanged. I did have to disappoint my family and let them know that the story was a testimony to my housekeeping and not my love life.
The positive part to this is the following. My bedroom is clean! My main level of my house is converted and my family got to giggle.
For the first time in my married life I can say the following
I do NOT have a laundry basket filled with stuff to do later
I do NOT have any box, tote, shoebox or any horizontal surface with a project sitting on it.
You could come over my home and look anywhere and I would not be embarrassed. Ok, maybe my underwear drawer but whatEV. :)
The support group is going great. I can't wait to see other people finish this process :) LOVE IT!!!
For now as Landon would say, "Peace out and BOOYAH!"
hehehehe :D oh, and congrats, can't wait to come over and see what you've done!
ReplyDeleteLOL! I can see my kids saying some of those exact same things. :) Congrats on finishing up! Wish I were closer so I COULD come see. ;) <3
ReplyDeleteTammy, it is so nice. You could totally "closet snoop" :)
ReplyDeleteLara, I need to find the time to do after pics. I have so many before pics (over 100) i will do that many after and you will feel like you walked through my house. :)