Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hug tightly.....repeat as necessary....

I could write an entire blog apologizing about why I haven't blogged or catching you up on my life. But it is for those reasons that I have not been on here to just blog for fun. So hang on...I am jumping right in.

I am having a pre mid-life crisis. Am I old enough for that? Ok so I don't know what the diagnosis is but here are the symptoms. My babies grew up. Wow it feels good just to type those three words. For those of you that see my kids regularly this isn't a surprise. They are children and not babies. They walk, talk, have personalities and are their own little people. But for me this has been one of those progressions that happens before my eyes and its hard to notice. They are so stinking big.

Chris and I were driving this morning as he was dropping me off at the airport and I saw a woman pulling a little boy in a wagon. He was so cute and chubby cheeked riding along. We still have our stroller at our house from our family wagon rides. They grew up! No, I am not going to drudge myself through all of the things that have passed and try to make them both fit in the wagon again but here is what I am going to do.

Hug! Hug often and hug well.

I have another confession to make. I am the "inappropriate hugger". I could relive many instances when I have hugged someone that you aren't supposed to hug. It just happens. When my emotions are raw, or I get excited I hug. It's like how a small dog pees on the floor when they get excited or nervous. I am not sure which is better - peeing on the floor or hugging a female coworker that I am pretty sure thinks I am gay now. Either way - it's what I do. It's like a tick.

I love to hug! Not the little wussy hugs where you just lean forward and give two pats on the back but a real hug. Here's the problem with American society. We aren't huggers. Not sure when it happened but it did. Political correctness went out the window and we have resorted to handshakes and grunts. Now, I am not going to get myself fired by running around and hugging my coworkers. I am having a visual right now of several peoples reactions and it would be a fun social experiment. But, I am going to focus on hugging those that I won't get fired for touching.

I travel and when I return home I love to get back to the hugs of my hubby and kids. It's so energizing to hug and snuggle them after being away. When I am gone and I talk to my kids on the phone I send them hugs over the phone. It's just something that we have always done. Everybody blows kisses but we throw hugs as well. So here's my checklist for the week.

1) Hug my family
2) Enjoy right now because tomorrow it will be a memory
3) Hug well

No comments:

Post a Comment