Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Getting older but having more fun....


Ok, so I am 28 now and definitely getting older but I am having so much more fun. Now that the kids are older and past the 'eating dirt' stage Chris and I are able to do so much. For those of you that don't have young kids the 'eating dirt' stage is the age in which any time a child is left unattended they manage to eat dirt. This could be outside, at the mall, at Applebee's. It doesn't really matter but if you turn your head - they will find dirt and eat it. Good times! Ok, so back to where I was. Chris just bought a motorcycle. Not an old man Harley but a really nice Kawasaki Ninja. And I am going to start planting flowers around our house. We are finally able to do things and allow the kids to run and play in the yard without trying to eat dirt - hence the fact that we are past the 'eating dirt' age. We bought our house and within days Elisha moved in with us. And then shortly after came Landon. So, all hobbies and things around the house other than surviving were put on hold. We didn't even get to camp last summer. But this summer will be different. We will be able to plant flowers, ride motorcycles, spruce up the house and get all of those things done. Tonight is our date night and I am hoping to paint our living room and dining room. They are still the same beautiful color of white that they were when we moved in :) Oh, and to explain the attached pictures. We were also able to go to Denny's family's property around Easter and play with guns. Good times! Growing up can be fun....now what color should I paint the walls....

2 comments:

  1. wow that is your life for the past 4 yrs crammed into one paragraph! lol! When will Evie get into the eating dirt stage and when will she get out of it? This past week she has gotten into the eating her hands stage. If paci or bottle is not in her mouth her hands are-even if she is not hungry! I guess it is better than dirt!

    ReplyDelete