Monday, May 4, 2015

I quit selling my stuff

The kids were small and we were given a little plastic 4x4 from one of my husband's coworkers. We had two small kids and buying a Hotwheel was not something we would have been able to afford. They just gave it to us. What a blessing that little gift was.The truth is that when you have kids they are constantly outgrowing clothes, toys, books etc. When they are done with these things, I would be nice to be able to recuperate some of my money by selling them to someone. I could post them on Craigslist and maybe make a few bucks. Have you ever sold something on Craigslist though?? Crazies! That, my friends, is who is out there and wants to buy my stuff crazies I tell ya.

I have made a concious decision to quit selling things. When I bought the things, I never bought them in hopes to recoup come of my money later. I bought it because the price was something I was willing to pay to own the thing. This keeps me from buying something hoping to maybe make back some money when I am done. If I am not willing to pay the whole price, I don't get it.

Here is what has happened since I made that choice. I haven't made a PENNY! But I have had so much fun looking at my stuff and deciding who could be blessed by it. I gave a beautiful bike that my daughter barely used before she outgrew to an adorable girl being fostered by a family at my church. I gave away a fire pit. A few more bikes.. man they outgrow those things quickly. Now when I am getting rid of something instead of dealing with a Craigslist Crazy, I get to bless someone. And that is a wonderful feeling. I would challenge you to look at your house and see what you can bless someone else with...

No comments:

Post a Comment