Friday, June 18, 2010

The House The Cleans Itself - The Beginning of the Beginning

I was at Family Christian Stores one day and I saw a book on the 5 dollar table called "The House That Cleans Itself". I am house-cleaning challenged or impaired or whatever. I am horrible at it. Chris and I have talked it over with counselors and I have NEVER found a solution. Over the years, I have bought several books that would fix the problem and NONE of them made sense and were way too complicated. I have looked at this book several times and thought it sounded like a nice idea. For 5 bucks, I made the huge investment and bought another book to dust. I brought it home to much teasing from my husband.
I read it and started to get to work. It was liberating and exciting. In a meager blog I won't be able to walk you through how to do the process but I am going to lay my heart on the line and show you some before and after pics as well as how I got there. Before I post any pics I want you to realize that I had already been REALLY working on getting my house together for a year so it was not as bad as it was. I already had some really good processes in place and the book was the icing on the cake. I have taken on a second job and sometimes I work 7 days a week and travel and this system is keeping my house together in the midst of all of it. It is a work in progress and I am still learning to change some bad habits but I have come a long way, BABY! :)
I have a few friends who are starting this book. Facebook me and let me know if you have any questions or are stumped on any areas in your house and you go along. If you are interested, I think the book is 9 bucks on Amazon. I would say it is well worth the investment.
Also, digital photography has been the key for me. When I got started I took about 100 pictures of my house and printed them all. I lay them all out on my dining room table while I looked at and prayed over the mess I had created. Any time I get discouraged I pull them out and look at how far I have come.

No comments:

Post a Comment