My baby turned 4!! Hard to believe that he is already 4. We have decided that we are not having anymore kids so two is it! I am working a second job temporarily while Chris is settling into changes in his career but that's another story in itself :) So on Landon's birthday which fell on a Sunday this year we went to Old Town Donuts in Florissant for a birthday breakfast. That kid ate and ate. 1 chocolate long john, 1 old fashioned and donut holes. We didn't think he would stop.
Then the family went to church without me because I had to work. We had his party that evening and it was small and laid back but so much fun. My mom made a green cake (his favorite color) with dump trucks on top. He got the Tag reading system (SO AMAZING) and several books to go with it. He also got a Handy Manny fix-it car that is pretty cool, a pool, clothes, puzzle.
Later on in the week Grandma Clayton bought him a really cool hamster cage for 2 mice and all of the fixings. It is sooo cool :) He loves them. And then Elisha bought two mice on her own and added them.
He loves watching them run through the tunnels and build nests. He almost fell asleep sitting up the first night watching them. They are names Georgy and Green Apple. Elisha's are Becky and Bella. :) Very cute.
Our anniversary is Saturday and I am working so we will celebrate on another day. Hard to believe it has been 6 years since I said, "I do". I had no idea what I was really saying I do too but it has been an amazing ride. Chris and I have had our shares of broken dreams, heartbreak and hurt feelings. For awhile, it didn't feel like we would make it through but here we are and stronger than ever. I don't know that I have ever been so challenged to grow in Christ by anyone else. I am so proud to be his wife and to be growing and experiencing life with him. When I look back at the road we have traveled it is unbelievable that we made it!!! But we did!! Now to look forward at the road ahead and whatever our next adventure may be.
And summer begins....can't wait for the adventures in store......
I love your family! Thanks for letting me be a part of your adventure :) and for being a part of mine!
ReplyDeleteHappy B-day Landon and Happy anniversary Jessi and Chris! We love you guys!
ReplyDelete