Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Lost but with "Good Intent"
Here's my story for the day. I am in Philadelphia for work and I decided that it would be fun to go to the mall this evening. I talked to the hotel front desk and there is a mall 30 minutes away. I put it into my GPS and I am on my way. I am merrily chatting away while driving when my GPS proudly proclaims, "You have arrived at your desination". Except here's the catch. I am in the middle of a neighborhood. So the Bed, Bath and Beyond that I have keyed in as my final desination is not located in this house the best that I can tell. I briefly considered knocking on their door to ask them if they were Bed, Bath and Beyond and decided against it. I pull over and key in Sports Authority which is the only other store that I remember the front saying was next to it. Proudly keying in Sports Autority and driving on my way. My GPS delivers me to a different home. Good times. I decide that I am going to just drive because it's a mall and I have to be close. I am at a stop light and my GPS delivers me an apology. I realize that the cross street is named "GOOD INTENT". I had to giggle at myself in the irony. And I really believe that this street must have been a circle because as I drove around in circles around Deptford, New Jersey. I crossed the street 'Good Intent' three times. I finally found my way to the mall and enjoyed my shopping. By the way the mall was about 5 minutes from the house I was originally directed to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HAHAHAHA oh my gosh. This is hilarious. Did you ever find the mall?
ReplyDeleteThats so funny. We have named our GPS LOLA. Crazy I know. "Lola" is always giving us crazy ways to get places and she really frustrates me at times. Saying turn life as I've already passed my street to turn onto. Ahhh...
ReplyDeletewere you merrily chatting away to yourself or on the phone? or to the gps? just curious. At least you were not yelling at the gps that you were in marching band and so you know how far away 10 feet is, so it can stop trying to tell you (Dennis in Florida)
ReplyDelete